Things To Do While I'm Alive
I have a list on my computer titled “10 or more things to do before I die.” I have had some version of this list going since about 5th grade. My best friend at the time had one, so naturally I had to make one too. As I got older, I found myself adding more things than crossing things off. There are even a couple of things that other people have added for me, i.e. ‘become a ninja’…that’s what I get when I leave my computer open in a guy friend’s dorm room.
Let me get to the point. I have been calling this list “things to do before I die” since the time that I was only 10 years old. As one of my clients pointed out yesterday, this is rather morbid. Since I have no plan to die anytime soon, especially since I plan to peak at 80, as of today, I am changing the name to “things to do while I'm alive”.
Here is a sampling of things accomplished and things still to do:
Accomplished (Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of all of them):
7. Live by the beach
11. Drink goat milk
25. Go to a drive in movie
30. Complete a crossword without cheating
32. Not gain the “freshman 15”
33. Have a photo published in a magazine
50. Learn to belly dance
52. Spit off the top of the Empire State Building
59. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef
Still to do:
5. Set foot in all 50 states
14. Go to a monster truck rally
51. Not speak for 24 hours
55. Know somebody with a Swiss bank account
74. Own a matching bra and undies
75. Give someone a bowl cut
76. Take a picture every day for a year and make a calendar
77. Learn to meditate
78. Do a cartwheel under the Eiffel Tower
79. Own a house
As you can see, some are much more serious than others. In my opinion, no thing is too small or too big for this list. Although it seems cheesy, keeping a list like this is a fun reminder to branch out of your daily routines and try new things. It’s easy to start…do it today!
*p.s. the numbers are from my master list. I promise I know how to count.